We always believe that the easiest way to know if we gained or lost weight is through the scale. Our logic is quite simple: when you gained weight that means you’re fat, and when you lost weight that means you’re slimmer.
However, it’s not always the case. You don’t have to be a slave of your scale because weight is just a number. Here are 20 before and after photos that prove your weight is meaningless.
1. You don’t have to lose a hundred pounds to see the difference.
2. “Screw the scale, it legitimately means nothing. It has never reflected my healthiness or fitness at all.”
3. Less fat, more muscle.
4. The confidence says it all. I didn’t even notice the listed weight.
5. Do what works for your body. Weight loss trends are not for everyone.
6. Weight gain never looked this good.
7. Heavier but fitter. No complaints here.
8. We should stop giving the scale too much power over us.
9. Pictures are more reliable than scales.
10. “My body composition is completely different though I weight eight pounds more now.”
11. Same weight, new body.
12. “Wanting to create a healthier life for myself that has been the backbone of my training.”
13. Rules schmules.
14. Stronger and happier. Isn’t that what we all wanted?
15. “I started to care less about what I weighed, and more about how I felt.”
16. What you see on the scale is not a true indicator of your health.
17. Time to throw the scale.
18. “One year ago, weight was everything. But honestly, my perspective is shifting.”
19. You’ll be a happier person once you realize that weight is just a number.
20. Your weight doesn’t matter.
These inspiring before and after photos are reminding us that sometimes losing two pounds is enough to see the results. And most of the time, gaining weight merely means gaining muscles.
Just as long as you have been consistent with your workout and healthy eating, then you’ll be on your way in achieving the best version of yourself. Always remember that weight is not a good measurement of progress.
5 Reasons Why Sleeping On The Job Is Actually A GOOD Thing
Yes, it can benefit your body and even your company.
While some people would tell you that sleeping on the job is a bad habit, science is actually saying otherwise. According to experts, napping at work brings numerous benefits - including boosting your productivity.
In an article written by Bradley Young, co-founder of relaxation solutions company Silentmode, we learn that taking a nap can be an advantage both for your body and your company. Read on and you just might convince your boss to be a little more accepting about office napping.
1. Your productivity will increase.
Reasons Why You Always Feel Colder Compared With Other People
Do you feel cold while others do not? Here’s why.
Feeling chilly during the winter time or when the AC is on is just normal. But, if you're always shivering or you feel as if your feet and hands are blocks of ice while other people feel warm definitely isn't normal.
Why do you always feel cold when other people feel toasty? There can be tons of reasons. In fact, feeling unusually cold could be a symptom of many different conditions. Though you might have a natural tendency to be cold, there are many reasons that could explain your chill.
1. You're too thin
Humans Know When They’re Dead, Scientists Found
When the hearts stops beating, it will take longer for the brain to cease its functions.
Humans have long wondered what happens after death. A new study may have the answer to this long-lasting question.
A team of researchers at New York's Stony Brook University School of Medicine found that people know when they're dead because their brains keep working to make them aware of what's happening around them.
Though many believe in the afterlife, the scientists have another thing in mind.