Saying “please” and “thank you” or picking up after yourself are things we’re all taught from a young age, and they can go a long way with others. But there are some habits we have that, while we may not consider them to be rude, could rub people the wrong way.
Maybe you’re someone who’s been accidentally pissing people off with your lack of knowledge about certain etiquette. Perhaps you’re someone who likes to impress people with your etiquette skills. Either way, there are some basic life rules we should all know and follow. Here are 12 simple rules everyone should know by heart.
1. If someone else is paying for the meal, do not choose the most expensive menu item.
2. Always offer to pay even if you’re being treated.
3. Don’t criticize your friend’s significant other if they’ve done nothing wrong.
4. You should admit when you’re wrong.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
6. Don’t text during a date.
Be considerate. Always put yourself in other people’s shoes so you’d understand what it’s like if they treat you the way you treat them.
7. Put your phone down when you’re spending time with your family.
8. Never open the rest of the camera roll when someone told you to just check a specific photo.
9. Never show up empty-handed to a dinner party. (At least bring a bottle of wine.)
10. Wipe down your equipment after you use it at the gym.
11. If there are a bunch of free urinals/stalls, don’t take the one right next to someone else.
12. Live the moment. Enjoy every second of it.
This last simple rule is for you. Experiencing things first-hand is way more important than looking through your phone. Pictures may fade, but the memories that you make with your loved ones will always be treasured and remembered.
Watch Out, McDonald’s! This Filipino Fast Food Is Set To Conquer USA
Jollibee just opened its 38th store in the United States – and there’s more to come!
Watch your back, Ronald McDonald! It looks like you have a new competitor in town - and it's a smiling red bee from the Philippines.
The name Jollibee may not ring any bells for some American fast food consumers but if you'll pay close attention, you'll realize that the brand has been slowly establishing its presence in the country. As a matter of fact, the Filipino fast food chain already has 38 stores across the United States and they have no plans of stopping anytime soon.
Jollibee recently opened its first store in Manhattan - its 38th in the United States!
Nun In Training Quits Convent And Becomes Adult Film Star Instead
It’s a career shift that no one saw coming!
It’s definitely one of those strange career shifts that no one saw coming. Yudi Pineda, a woman from Itaungo, Colombia, was supposed to be a nun after she has spent almost a decade training in a convent for it.
She, however, eventually decided to give it up and be an adult movie actress instead. She has since stood by her decision, claiming she’s happy she went for it.
15 Heartwarming Photos Of People And Their Pets Growing Up Together
#3 is too relatable.
Having a pet usually takes a lot of work but growing up with them is an amazing experience. It indeed is a rewarding feeling when the connection started from childhood then extended up to adulthood.
It's no secret that hese furry pals love you unconditionally, even during those times when you feel that you're unbearable. They have always been there for you and experienced a lot of things with you. Here are 15 heartwarming photos of people and their pets growing up together to celebrate this beautiful bond.
1. Same clothes, same dog, stronger connection.